10.26.2011

Nepal_Solokhumbu technical school


After arriving to Solokhumbu we dropped our bags off at Dr Mingma's house and hiked straight up the mountain to visit this technical school. It is a cement building with a thatched roof and colorful windows. The rooms are bare but they work on mats or looms. I loved these women so much! They were very shy at first but then opened up quite a bit towards the end.






They loved measuring themselves against me and had no idea how offensive it was. Kidding-- I was glad some people in the world think it's funny that I am tall.


China loves the peace sign. Nepal loves the thumbs up.

2 comments:

H C M said...

Awesome pics, Egan. Makes my heart sing. Those Nepalese women are adorable.

shayna said...

Thumbs up to your height. You're really pretty. I can't believe you've been holding your blog back from me.