
Shopping in Costco the other day. Minding by own biz when I fatefully decided to stare at a Large, Manly, Big, Tall, women.
She was in the middle of a conversation so I thought I could get away with staring. Starring is rude. But I think I am good at starring with out being noticed.
Then I made eye contact with her.
She does a double take at me as I dropped my head and whipped around an isle. Just as I did this she/he YELLS. "Hey! TALL PEOPLE RULE!!!! PUT IT UP HERE!"
I had to look, right? I couldn't just ignore her... I mean she was yelling at me in a crowded costco-- the only other tall person in sight. I did think about acting like I didn't hear her for a split second. When I finally look up she is holding up her large manly hand for a high five. I gave her a reluctant high five. Then wiped it off.
Really?! I had to respond to this? I would give her a chest bump if she were Giesle. I would even let Giesle teach me how to model walk in costco in front of everyone-- no matter how dumb I looked. Let's just be quietly confident and don't go around touting it. In public. Out loud. Awkwardly. Or giving each other high-fives!
She was in the middle of a conversation so I thought I could get away with staring. Starring is rude. But I think I am good at starring with out being noticed.
Then I made eye contact with her.
She does a double take at me as I dropped my head and whipped around an isle. Just as I did this she/he YELLS. "Hey! TALL PEOPLE RULE!!!! PUT IT UP HERE!"
I had to look, right? I couldn't just ignore her... I mean she was yelling at me in a crowded costco-- the only other tall person in sight. I did think about acting like I didn't hear her for a split second. When I finally look up she is holding up her large manly hand for a high five. I gave her a reluctant high five. Then wiped it off.
Really?! I had to respond to this? I would give her a chest bump if she were Giesle. I would even let Giesle teach me how to model walk in costco in front of everyone-- no matter how dumb I looked. Let's just be quietly confident and don't go around touting it. In public. Out loud. Awkwardly. Or giving each other high-fives!
2 comments:
This is the greatest story in the history of the world.
i love this story. i want it to be my own... 5'6" is so boring.
Post a Comment